PEOPLE understands that the Prince and Princess of Wales won't be making a statement of their own
Ian Vogler – WPA Pool/Getty; Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty
NEED TO KNOW
- Kate Middleton and Prince William are supporting King Charles’ statement on the arrest of ex-Prince Andrew
- The Prince and Princess of Wales are not expected to issue a separate statement
- The former Prince Andrew was arrested on Feb. 19 on suspicion of misconduct in public office
Kate Middleton and Prince William are supporting King Charles' statement on the arrest of ex-Prince Andrew.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are not expected to issue a separate statement on the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, but PEOPLE understands that they support the King's statement made in the wake of his brother's arrest on Feb. 19.
On his 66th birthday, the former Duke of York was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office at his current home on the King's Sandringham estate.
Soon after, the King, 77, released a statement underscoring that the palace would cooperate with authorities.
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities," began the statement," began the King's statement, released by Buckingham Palace.
"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all," he continued. "Charles R."
Can't get enough of PEOPLE's Royals coverage? Sign up for our free Royals newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!
Earlier this month, a spokesperson for Prince William, 43, and Princess Kate, 44, said they have been "deeply concerned" about the ongoing revelations about convicted sex offender Epstein, which have continued to emerge following the latest tranche of Epstein files, which were released on Jan. 30.
“I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victims," the spokesperson said on Feb. 9 from Saudi Arabia, where William kicked off an official visit.
Read the full article here