Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday, Feb. 19
Chris Jackson/Getty; Peter Nicholls/Getty
NEED TO KNOW
- A team of police officers were photographed arriving at the home of the former Prince Andrew on Thursday, Feb. 19
- Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office
- Thames Valley Police previously confirmed it was investigating a complaint alleging that Andrew shared confidential information related to his role as a trade envoy with the late Jeffrey Epstein
Police cars have been photographed at the home of the former Prince Andrew amid his arrest.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on the morning of Thursday, Feb. 19, and is currently being held in police custody.
A team of police officers in a number of cars arrived at the home where he is staying on King Charles' Sandringham estate in Norfolk on Thursday, which is Andrew's 66th birthday.
Andrew has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The BBC was the first to report the news.

Peter Nicholls/Getty
Authorities are investigating Andrew in regards to an allegation claiming that he shared confidential information with the late Jeffrey Epstein while acting as a trade envoy for the U.K.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein.
In a statement on Thursday, Thames Valley police said, "As part of the investigation, we have today [2/19] arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk."
"The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, per national guidance,” the statement continued.

Peter Nicholls/Getty
Can't get enough of PEOPLE's Royals coverage? Sign up for our free Royals newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said, “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.”
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offense," Wright continued. “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
The news comes after Thames Valley Police confirmed it was investigating a complaint alleging that the former Duke of York shared confidential information related to his role as a trade envoy with Epstein, per previous reporting by the BBC earlier this month.
The complaint was brought by the anti-monarchy group Republic, which reported Andrew for "suspected misconduct in public office and breach of official secrets," per the outlet.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Feb. 9 that it would cooperate with any police inquiry.
"The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct. While the specific claims in question are for Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police, we stand ready to support them as you would expect," the palace said.
Andrew has been staying at home on the Sandringham estate after being ordered to leave his Royal Lodge home in Windsor by his brother Charles, 77. He was stripped his royal titles and honors by his brother the King in October 2025.
Read the full article here







